Building on our first two film workshops, this workshop will combine all the skills we have shown and help you to produce your own training videos for work. We will show you how to make a training video, create a script and shot list. You will be shown best practice of how to film these, and then how to edit. The emphasis of this course is correct production and filming but we will go through basic editing steps to allow you to create an end result. Due to the location of the course the topic taken would be a something we can set up in the classroom, but the applied techniques used would be the same for more complex topics. The workshop runs using your devices or cameras with the editing on your laptop.
- Assumed knowledge – builds on our other workshops, or your existing reasonable knowledge of cameras
- Equipment needed – your camera and laptop
- Editing software – recommend download of Adobe Creative Cloud
- To be aware of camera angles and shot sizes
- How to script and storyboard/shot list
- Framing and composition
- Headroom, rule of thirds
- Typical microphones and how to position them – omnidirectional vs cardioid
- Be aware of the impact and difference in looking to the side of the camera and to interviewee
- Have an awareness of shooting environment, source best locations
- To see the differences in how lighting can improve the most basic of set ups
- How to structure and conduct B roll filming
- Understand the importance of clear project management
- See how to ingest different assets
- Basic timeline assembly, laying out of master sequence
- Awareness of title tool and how it works
- To see how simple effects tools can improve shot sizing
- Awareness of export options and where to use
To book a Workshop, call us on 01494 300006 or send an email
How to film workshops – All workshops £225pp (+VAT)
Learn from us the right way to film using your equipment in one of our popular technical workshops. We come to you to show you how. In small groups we focus on how to get the best out of your equipment, showing you the best tricks of the trade to get you up and running to help you create simple videos or make better ones. Run by ex BBC cameraman and award winning coach you will develop your skills.
These are private workshops on your premises with each workshop tailored to address your needs. Each workshop is split into sessions focussing on the key elements you need to know with plenty of hands on time for you to learn from us.